Friday, May 27, 2016

WOW!

I can't believe this is our final e-mail discussing our week of learning!  I am still amazed how fast this year has flown by!  It seems we were just reviewing basic addition and subtraction skills AND NOW your child is carrying and regrouping THREE digit numbers!  I also think about their reading and how many did not have any chapter books in their reading book boxes at the beginning of the year.   NOW, as a class, we read 470 chapter books since January!  AMAZING!  

Thank you for letting me teach your child this year.    I am so glad I was a part of their learning. Thank you for supporting me at school.  I could not have done all of this without your help!

Reading Workshop-  We will continue our Reader's Theater.  We are working on reading our lines with fluency and we will begin creating our props!
 

Writing Workshop-  We will work on our second grade memory books. We will also write letters to first grade "preparing" them for next year!

Math-    We will get in summer mode by going into the ice cream selling business! We will have a budget to create our ice cream truck.  We will determine the price of each item we will sell, how much money we will make,  and we will create a slogan for our truck!   


Science- We will wrap up our units on plants. 

Class Brighteners-Congratulations to Elisa AND Sophie!  They are our  Stars  of the Week! Happy Birthday to Tyler H.!  We hope your day is special!  We earned 5 compliments so we are going to celebrate with Stuffed Animal Day!   Please have your child bring in a stuffed animal on  Wednesday next week!  It needs to fit in their backpacks please! 

Mark Your Calendar- Our class party will be on Thursday at 1:30!  Hopefully we will present our plays on this day!  I will time how long it takes for all four groups to perform so the plays may need to begin a little earlier than 1:30. I will keep you posted. 


Mrs. King

No comments:

Post a Comment